Can I wear a cast (or earings, religious medals, eyeglasses)?
The FIFA Laws of the Game prohibit anything which is dangerous to a
player or other players. Referees determine if an item can be worn without being dangerous.
On July 19, 2011 the FYSA Board revisited how teams were formed and concluded that ride-shares and attending the same schools will no longer be used. The board has voted to implement middle school zones to be used for team placement which will create the possibility of equal chance of success for all teams involved.
Indoor Soccer Sessions
My child doesn't want to play soccer this session; can I get a Refund? Yes requests for refunds must be submitted in writing or by email within two weeks of the start of the session. Refunds will not be made after this period regardless of the reason. Refunds are subject to a $30 non-refundable administrative fee for all requests. After the second week of the season, no refunds will be issued.
What equipment does my child need? Parents must supply a good, supportive, laced pair of indoor shoes or soccer shoes. Shin guards are mandatory safety equipment and can be purchased at local sporting goods stores. Shin guards must have hard plastic reinforcement to be considered adequate protection; they may have additional foam or felt padding.
When does my child receive their unfirom? Each player will receive a t-shirt, and pair of socks from their coach on their first day of practice. The uniform is theirs to keep at the end of the season.
Do we still play in the cold weather? Yes we will still have games with snow and cold weather. The Indoor season is too short to be cancelling games. There is no FYSA cold weather policy. Parents and coaches must determine for themselves if they wish to participate. There will be no designated degree of coldness at which games or practices are automatically canceled. Games are always played as scheduled and will not be rescheduled if a team forfeits for any reason.
What if our team forfeits our game due to the weather? Due to gym availability games that are forfeited for any reason will not be rescheduled. If you know that your team will not be participating in a scheduled game; please e-mail the FYSA office as soon as possible.
Can I request a scholarship for my child? Yes a scholarship may be provided in a limited number to recreational players if an economic need is documented and justified in the judgment of the Executive Director.
Steps to Take:
- Parents or guardians of the player will submit a one page or less statement of economic need and email it to FYSA.
- To be considered, the statement of need must be submitted ten days prior to the session registration deadline.
- Register you player online, when you come to the payment option choose "check", this will place a hold on your account until a decision regarding the scholarship has been made.
- A minimum of 6 hours of volunteer time to FYSA will be required of the player or parent receiving the fee waiver. If a player or parent does not perform the volunteer work, future waiver requests will be denied.
- Should the scholarship be approved there will be a $30.00 risk management fee and the possibility of only a partial scholarship where the parent would be required to pay a portion of the registration fee.
- FYSA will only scholarship one player per family household
- All fees would be required "paid in full" before the player is placed on a team.
- At no time may a competitive player be awarded a fee waiver through FYSA.
Gym Rental Fees were increased by 30% by the FNSB and went into effect on July 1, 2011, therefore Fall and Spring participation fees have increased to cover the increased cost.
What does U_ stand for? The U means for under the age listed. For example U8 would be for the age group of 6 & 7 year olds.
How are teams formed? Team placement is formed by middle school zones at the time registrations are received.
What size ball to use? Under 8 No.3, Under 12 No.4, Under 19 No.5.
When does my child's team practice? Practices are on weekday evenings for one hour at a
local elementary school in thier team zone area. There are no practices or games during Thanksgiving Break or Spring Break.
When are the League Games? Games are played on Saturdays between the hours of 9-5 pm.
Games are played at local Elementary and Middle Schools. Find the game schedule under the tab of "Games & Referees".